West Twyford Primary School and Children’s Centre: Achieving Together
Our vision is for children to enjoy learning, develop effective learning behaviours and achieve high academic standards. We foster a learning community and believe that everyone can learn; we are an inclusive school that supports all children to flourish. We also give them the tools to have positive mental health and well-being. We support children to be respectful, polite and kind and to develop positive relations with each other and those around them. We are a school rooted in our community and we celebrate its diversity.
- We aspire to excellence in all we do and we have high academic expectations for all our children.
- We continually strive to innovate, evaluate and reflect to ensure that we provide the best teaching, learning, resources and opportunities for our community.
- We expect and celebrate endeavour and achievement.
- We encourage children to be confident, resilient, reflective and independent learners.
- We provide access to a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, which incorporates the National Curriculum and enables each child to achieve her/his level of personal and academic excellence irrespective of gender, ethnicity, or socio-economic background.
- We provide opportunities that enable children to develop high standards of self-discipline, self esteem, moral values, listening and social skills which allow children to become independent learners.
- Teamwork is at the heart of all we do. We respect everyone and treat people the way we would like to be treated.
- We are a community school. We welcome, encourage and embrace parental and community involvement. We acknowledge the importance of strong home-school links.
- We are a happy, well-organised school that achieves together. We take pride in our school and ourselves.
- Ready - We are ready to listen, learn and respond.
- Respectful - We are friendly, kind and helpful. We treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Safe - We keep each other and our environment safe.
These rules have been created by the School Council with the help of all children and staff in the school.